The Post Office Building
The Post Office Building was erected in 1854 and first housed
Timothy McAdams’ general store, after which it served as the post
office for many years. This cool building was made of stone with a
brick front for looks and was one of the few post offices in the state
which had outside boxes for public use. A plaque on the right side of
the building honors Eddie Webb, one of the last stagecoach drivers to
roll through town.