The American River Inn
The American River Inn has operated as a hostelry since 1863, when the building was first
built. A fire destroyed the structure in 1897, but it was rebuilt and operating again by 1899.
The Inn presents quite a striking image, with its wrap-around porch and fancy balconies, and the
multi-peaked roof. During Georgetown’s mining years, a variety of different establishments
occupied the building: hotel, rooming house, sanitarium, and private residence.