Crimea House

Town History - Gold Discovery, Early Citizenry, Legends

Historic Sites - Local Ruins, Relics, Buildings & Scenery
       Stone Corral
       Stone Monument

Travelers' Tips - Directions, Museums, Lodging, &c


Town History

      James W. Kerrick arrived here in 1853, coming over the Emigrant Trail with nine covered wagons. He built and operated the Crimea House, a combination restaurant, saloon, boarding house, and stable. It was an important stop for freighters and travelers from the San Joaquin and Bay regions who were heading into the Southern Mines. The buildings were destroyed by fire on October 8 of 1949.
      Crimea House is located four miles from Chinese Camp via Red Hill Road.

Travelers' Tips


HomeThe Virtual California Gold CountryBuy the Book(s)!