Keystone Office and Assay Room
The Keystone Office and Assay Room stands above
the road, opposite the old headframe, as it
has since it was built in 1881. Inside the rooms
of this two-story brick building the gold was
brought from the mines, assayed, weighed, stored
and shipped. During the mine’s operation, the
building also housed the offices where the books
and corporate affairs were taken care of.
Currently known as the Mine House Inn, it offers
travelers restored and authentically furnished
rooms in which to spend the night.
Return to Amador City