The Post Office Building
The Post Office Building was erected in 1854 and first housed Timothy McAdams’ general store, after which it served as the post office for many years. This cool building was made of stone with a brick front for looks and was one of the few post offices in the state which had outside boxes for public use. A plaque on the right side of the building honors Eddie Webb, one of the last stagecoach drivers to roll through town.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|