Copper Consolidated Mining Company Office

The Copper Consolidated Mining Company Office is the large brick building located next to the Armory. Built during the 1860’s, this two-story building has a large basement area and was used by the mining company as an office building. William Reed may have operated a store here during the town’s early years. A coating of whitewash or plaster once covered the building, but time and the elements have been at work, and the red bricks used in its construction are now visible over much of the building. Restoration efforts are underway.

Return to Copperopolis

HomeThe Virtual California Gold CountryBuy the Book(s)!