Courtesy Amador Country Museum Archives
The Fiddletown Schoolhouse stands on a small hill above town, settled in amongst the tall timber. Built in 1863 to replace a previous school, this one-room, wood-frame building served as an eight grade, one-teacher school until 1955. The old school bell still rests in the small tower atop the schoolhouse.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|