St. Joseph’s Catholic Cemetery is located on Foresthill Road, opposite the CDF Fire Station. Covering some three acres of land, its oldest
surviving tombstone dates back to July 27 of 1858. Miners from such far away places as Ireland, Germany, Portugal, and Chile were laid to rest
here on the Foresthill Divide.
The Foresthill Protestant Cemetery also dates back
to 1858. It is
located at the east end of Church Street; the
south portion of the
cemetery overlooks the canyon of the Middle Fork
of the American River.
As is the case with many cemeteries throughout the
Gold Country, wooden
crosses mark the sites of graves whose markers
have long since
Return to Foresthill