The Goodyears Bar Schoolhouse
The Schoolhouse in Goodyears Bar was built by public subscription in 1862 to serve for various church and public purposes. Upon its completion, fifty-two children between the ages of four and eighteen attended classes in the one-room building. The average school term during the town’s early years was only five and a half months, due in part to the severity of the mountain winters.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|