The St. Charles Hotel
The St. Charles Hotel has been known by several different names over the years. When it was first constructed in the 1850ís, it was the St. Charles. After being totally destroyed in the fire of 1864, a Mr. Fluke built another hotel on the same location and called it the Flukeís Hotel. In the late 1890ís the hotel was purchased by Paul Bachels for just over $1,000, afterwhich it was known as the Bachels Hotel.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|