St. Louis Catholic Church
The St. Louis Catholic Church is surrounded by a
shaded by old trees, and kept company by the wind.
Built in 1852 by the
French citizens of La Grange, this was the first
church of any
denomination in Stanislaus County. An old bell
mounted near the front
door once served to call the townspeople to
services. In 1854 it was
dedicated by the Catholic Church as a mission. It
is located on Floto
Street, on a small hill overlooking the town.
Return to La Grange