The E. Clampus Vitus Building
The E. Clampus Vitus Building may not look like much today, but it is undoubtedly one of the area’s more interesting buildings, in addition to being the oldest structure in town. Originally known as the Cater House, the place was a hotel in the early 1850’s. Recently, modern day Clampers were given permission to put their name on the building, for use as a meeting place.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|