North San Juan
The United Methodist Church
The United Methodist Church was built in 1856 and somehow managed to survive all of the town’s disastrous fires. This classic wood-frame structure stands on a small hill above town and is in an excellent state of repair. Reverend H. B. Sheldon was the first pastor assigned to the church, which was but one of several stops he made while riding his circuit from Brandy City to French Corral on horseback.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|