Methodist Episcopal Church
The Methodist Episcopal Church was built in 1851
of local stone, wood, and beams of handhewn
Ponderosa pine. It was originally located at the
foot of Cedar Ravine and Main Street and is the
oldest church building in El Dorado County. The
church bell was purchased from the sailing ship
Staffordshire. The building was restored in 1961
and relocated to the bluff above Cedar Ravine.
It stands atop a small hill overlooking the town
below, on Thompson Way.
Return to Placerville