Empire Store Building
The Empire Store Building was built in 1879 when it originally housed Levaggi’s General Store. Constructed solidly with brick, the building’s two iron doors provided entry and exit and the two windows were equipped with iron shutters. The Empire Mine used the building for a short time as their office and store, after which it was purchased and privately operated as a supply store.
|Home||The Virtual California Gold Country||Buy the Book(s)!|