The Brignole Building features extensive use of
native stone and the
familiar iron doors and shutters of Gold Rush
architecture; it is one of
the largest and oldest buildings in Sutter Creek.
The northern part of
the structure was built in 1859 by a man named
purchased Molinari's store and the lot south of
it, upon which he
constructed the rest of the building which remains
today. He originally
used the structure for a general store and some of
the old bulk bins,
counters and shelves are still in use.
Return to Sutter Creek