The Keystone Office and Assay Room
The Keystone Office and Assay Room stands above the road, opposite the old headframe, as it
has since it was built in 1881. Inside the rooms of this two-story brick building the gold was
brought from the mines, assayed, weighed, stored and shipped. During the mine’s operation, the
building also housed the offices where the books and corporate affairs were taken care of.
Currently known as the Mine House Inn, it offers travelers restored and authentically furnished
rooms in which to spend the night.