James W. Kerrick arrived here in 1853, coming over the Emigrant
Trail with nine covered wagons. He built and operated the Crimea House,
a combination restaurant, saloon, boarding house, and stable. It was an
important stop for freighters and travelers from the San Joaquin and Bay
regions who were heading into the Southern Mines. The buildings were
destroyed by fire on October 8 of 1949.
Crimea House is located four miles from Chinese Camp via Red Hill
Visit Crimea House's Historic Sites