The Large Brick Building
The Large Brick Building located on the town’s main street is
comprised of at least two separate structures. The single-story section
on the west end was an early day general merchandise store which may
date back farther than the year 1857 stated on the plaque out front. It
was apparently built by two men named Hardy & Kennedy sometime during
the 1850’s. Over the years it has been known by their names, as well as
Garrison’s General Store, and Langstaff’s Store.
The large, two-story portion of the building was probably built
during the late 1850’s. The Odd Fellows of Foresthill’s Minerva Lodge
have met in this structure since 1861, having moved to Foresthill from
the town of Bath that same year. The building also housed the Wells
Fargo office for a time. The entire structure stands on the corner of
Soap and Foresthill Road and is easy to spot.