The Groveland Hotel
The Groveland Hotel is the town’s largest adobe building. Built
sometime between 1849 and 1852 by George Reed, a prominent sawmill
operator during the ’Rush, the structure has remained a hotel during
most of its existence. It was owned and operated by Matthew Foot from
the 1860’s to the late 1870’s. The building has undergone relatively few
structural changes over the years, with the exception of the addition of
the large annex to the east which was built by Tim Carlon in 1917.