Iron Door SaloonThe Iron Door Saloon stands on the east end of the block. Known for
a time as the Granite Store, liquid refreshment has always been
available in this old building, leading to the Iron Doorís claim of
being the oldest saloon in California. Constructed of stone sometime
before 1852, it also once housed John Watts and James Tannahillís
general mercantile store.
Watts & Tannahill Building
The Watts & Tannahill Building is one of two Gold Rush era buildings
located on the Tannahill block. The two-story structure was erected
circa 1851 for use as a general store. During the 1860ís and 70ís, the
Masonic Lodge owned the upper story, using it for their meeting hall.