St. Patrick's Catholic Church
St. Patrick’s Catholic Church was built in 1868 to replace the town’s second Catholic church
which was destroyed in the fire of 1862. Daniel Harter designed and built the striking, thirty by
fifty foot frame structure whose walls rise twenty-two feet to the eaves. The church was
dedicated on May 18 of 1868, and has served Jackson’s congregation ever since. The rectory next
door was built in two parts, the first half being constructed in 1887, the rest sometime after
1919. The structures stand at 121 & 115 Court Street.