The St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church
The St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church is the Mother Church of that denomination in North
America. Jackson was home to a large Serbian population in the early 1890ís, but at that time
there was no Serbian church on the continent. To remedy this situation, His Grace Nikolai of
Alaska, the head of the Russian orthodox church of the United States, came to Jackson with Father
Dabovich and on February 25 of 1894, the Bright ranch parcel was consecrated. The first burial
took place in May, and the little white church was dedicated on December 16 of the same year. It
is located at 724 Main Street.