St. Columncille's Catholic Church
St. Columncille’s Catholic Church was originally built in 1860 near French Corral as the
Bridgeport Union Guard Hall. The building was used to train men for the civil war under Captain
Frank Coffey of French Corral. By 1869, the building was being used as a house of worship by the
Catholics of the ridge towns, and was purchased by them in 1880. The church was moved and
re-erected here on the site of the Catholic church that once served the miners of North
Bloomfield. The cemetery is located a little way behind the building.