The United Methodist Church
The United Methodist Church was built in 1856 and somehow managed to survive all of the
town’s disastrous fires. This classic wood-frame structure stands on a small hill above town and
is in an excellent state of repair. Reverend H. B. Sheldon was the first pastor assigned to the
church, which was but one of several stops he made while riding his circuit from Brandy City to
French Corral on horseback.