The Old China Store
The Old China Store is the most Gold Rush-esque building remaining
in town. Although it was built in the 1880’s, it typifies the early day
buildings of the Mother Lode. Constructed of brick and native stone,
the store was fitted with the Gold Country’s trademark iron doors and
shutters. A Chinese store was located here for many years, operated by
Ming, the merchant. It stands alone at the west end of Main Street.