W. H. Fippin's Blacksmith Shop
W. H. Fippin’s Blacksmith Shop was built by William Fippin in the early 1850’s. Shoeing
horses, making tools, repairing wagons and buggies were all in a day’s work for the town
blacksmith and Fippin was kept busy during the town’s heyday. An old story is told that young
Lotta Crabtree made her debut in this neat little wooden building, singing and performing a quick
dance on top of the smithy’s anvil, to a roomful of cheering miners.