The Opera Hall
The Opera Hall is quite an imposing structure. Dating back to 1885, it once served as the
town theater, hosting plays, musical events and community programs. The front of the building is
made of brick, the rear and side walls of schist slabs quarried from the hillside behind.
Restoration of the structure, which stands on Washington Street, was nearing completion during
the writing of this book.