The Brignole Building features extensive use of native stone and the
familiar iron doors and shutters of Gold Rush architecture; it is one of
the largest and oldest buildings in Sutter Creek. The northern part of
the structure was built in 1859 by a man named Molinari. Brignole
purchased Molinari's store and the lot south of it, upon which he
constructed the rest of the building which remains today. He originally
used the structure for a general store and some of the old bulk bins,
counters and shelves are still in use.