The E. Clampus Vitus Building
The E. Clampus Vitus Building may not look like much today, but it is undoubtedly one of the
area’s more interesting buildings, in addition to being the oldest structure in town. Originally
known as the Cater House, the place was a hotel in the early 1850’s. Recently, modern day
Clampers were given permission to put their name on the building, for use as a meeting place.