The Methodist Episcopal Church
The Methodist Episcopal Church was built in 1851 of local stone, wood, and beams of handhewn
Ponderosa pine. It was originally located at the foot of Cedar Ravine and Main Street and is the
oldest church building in El Dorado County. The church bell was purchased from the sailing ship
Staffordshire. The building was restored in 1961 and relocated to the bluff above Cedar Ravine.
It stands atop a small hill overlooking the town below, on Thompson Way.