The Mississippi House
The Mississippi House, a rambling, two-building complex, was built
by Albert Bullerdieck in 1850. It marked the center of town, and over
the years has served in a number of fashions; post office, stage
station, hotel, trading post, bar and restaurant. Fruit trees planted
on the property provided the miners with fresh fruit, oftentimes
unavailable at many other locales in the Gold Country. It stands
opposite the Stone Monument on the Shaws Flat Road.