The Cuneo Ruins

The Cuneo Ruins, stone and roofless, stand across from the town post office, waiting. Built in 1851 of rhyolite tuff blocks, the building’s two iron doors are still in place, guarding the entrance of this old store where a man known as Cuneo once traded tools and supplies to the Vallecito miners in exchange for the gold dust they found.

California Gold Country
Gold Country
Return to Home Page
Malakoff Home